Monday 12 August 2024

Painting the engine and transmission

I'm going for an all black look with this bike. The engine and shaft drive would have been silver originally but I reckon this will look good and it's my bike so that's how it's going to be!

The engine and shaft drive were both pretty filthy so I spent a couple of hours with degreaser and a wire brush getting it all ready for paint.










I've used Holts Engine Enamel in a satin black finish - it looks more glossy in the photos than in real life. Again, I've found this engine enamel to be pretty durable on the Crusader and it doesn't need a primer which is a big advantage. I'm going to clean the paint off the rocker box covers and polish them back to the bare aluminium, but that can wait till it's all done sometime.











No comments:

Post a Comment